Thermoplastic DOT Specification
Hot-Applied Thermoplastic pavement marking material is a 100% solid material that liquefies when heated. It’s an environmentally and user-safe compound containing binder, pigments, filler and glass beads. Thermoplastic is a durable and cost effective marking system that can be installed as a flat line with various glass bead packages, or in profile configurations for enhanced wet night visibility and audible safety measure.
Benefits of Using Thermoplastic Pavement Markings:
- Superior performance; abrasion resistant for durability
- Mechanically adheres to all asphalt pavements
- Adhesive bond to concrete (requires primer for application)
- Extended durability results from:Intermix beads for maintained retroreflectivity
- Flexible application thicknesses
- Formulated for quick dry of < 2 minutes at temperatures as low as 50°F
- Engineered to minimize lane interruptions and closures
- Application methods include spray, ribbon or screed (40-125 mils)
- Complete thermoplastic product line available in lead-free yellow
Thermoplastic Primer available in 5 gallon pails For use with thermoplastic on concrete.
Hydrocarbon formula and Block material available by special order only.
Units sold by bag, pallet or truckload.
DOT Specification Thermoplastic pavement marking material.