Home / Products / Traffic Calming Solutions / Modular Rubber Products / Rubber Speed Cushions
Rubber Speed Cushions
Speed cushions are raised traffic calming devices placed across the road to slow traffic. These cushions are constructed from 100% recycled rubber material which can easily support the imposed loads of weight up to 75,000 pounds.
Generally, cushions are 7, 10.5, 14 or 21 feet in length depending upon posted speed limits and to provide a less gradual lift making it necessary for residential vehicles to reduce their speed without coming to a halt. At 6’ wide, they easily permit ERV passage without hindering speeds.
- Cushions should be placed in a series with distances of 200 to 500 feet between sets
- All modules have patented interlocking tongue & grooves
- Creates a bond among modules
- Increases installed cushion vehicle impact resistance
- Enhances long-term stability and product performance
Speed cushions are raised traffic calming devices placed across the road to slow traffic.