Scorpion II Trailer Attenuator Arrow Board
The Towable Attenuator (TA) is a mobile crash cushion designed with a trailer tongue and axle/wheel that connects directly to the support vehicle’s trailer connection and from a lunette eye on the attenuator. The TA can be used on support vehicles with a minimum actual/curb weight of 12,000 lbs with no upper weight limit (infinite weight). The TA has overall dimensions of 17.8 ft (5.4 m) x 8 ft (2.4 m) x 4.3 ft (1.3 m) with ground clearance of 12.0 in ± 1.0 in (305 mm±25 mm). The TA consists of three main components: the trailer tongue, front Strut, and rear Cartridge. The trailer tongue is positioned nearest to the support vehicle, the Strut is bolted to the tongue and Cartridge. The Cartridge is the rear most component, furthest away from the support vehicle. The trailer tongue acts as a standard single point connection under normal towing conditions. The trailer tongue is designed with an integral Telescoping Anti-Rotation System (TARS) that is activated when the TA is impacted.
• The FIRST and ONLY Towable Attenuator eligible for MASH, TL-3.
• FHWA Eligibility Letter, CC-138.
• Infinite weight tested and eligible allows the Scorpion II® Towable Attenuator to be used on heavy host vehicles
(minimum 12,000 lbs.), with no upper weight limit.
• Scorpion II® remained attached to the host vehicle and pintle hook during all impact testing.
• Telescoping Anti-Rotational System (TARS) minimizes Scorpion II Attenuator rotation during angled and offset
impacts, preventing separation from host vehicle.
• No additional hardware required for connection to host vehicle.
• The Scorpion II® proven modular design crushes in progressive stages allowing quick and economical replacement of
• LED Lights standard on all Scorpion II® Towable Attenuators.
• The unique curved design gives full width protection to the back of the host vehicle and shields the deadly “coffin
corners” of the truck.